How much do we value being loved in life? After watching The Secret Life of Bees, I would have to say a whole lot. I watched this movie for the first time this last month and I have to give it a perfect score. This movie made me laugh and cry and smile and be thankful. The main actors in this movie are so talented. I think Queen Latifah, Dakota Fanning, Alicia Keys, and Jennifer Hudson did a remarkable job. Not to mention Sophie Okonedo, whose role made you feel so much pain for life in general.
When I judge a movie, I like to judge it on two factors, 1. How the movie makes me feel afterwards, and 2. If I want to buy the soundtrack afterwards. For example Hairspray makes me want to dance, Pride and Prejudice makes me want to fall in love and Catch Me if You Can makes me want to break the law. The Secret Life of Bees makes me want to count my blessings, write in my journal, and reflect in nature. I would have to say; it is a very uplifting movie, but only by the end. As far as the soundtrack goes, the official soundtrack is just the score. The actual songs in the movie are absolutely wonderful and if they had an unofficial soundtrack with the actual songs in the movie than I would buy it in a heartbeat. I might even watch the movie enough times until I can figure out the songs in the movie and then buy them.Yes, that is how much I loved this movie. I will be reading the book soon.

No comments:
Post a Comment